Friday, January 11, 2008

The day's beginning...

As I sat at the computer this morning, I just liked the look of my old, familiar Bible beside me.

As I leave my apartment, I always take a look at the woods behind my building. I've seen them thick and green in the summer, colorful in the fall, and now stark and thin, with the neighboring apartment and road showing through. But on sunny days, it is the pattern of shadows that make me smile.


Yesterday as I left for work (in sort of a fog, as the last couple of days have been almost entirely work and sleep...and doesn't feel like much of the latter!), this sight stopped me short. I took a quick photo, and am amazed at how it turned out. I love the leaf in the corner, and the clarity of the drops. I shot it on macro, but otherwise the photo hasn't been manipulated at all.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

That bottom one is super! The individual drops and colors are amazing. Another "sit and stare" photo. :)

MaryD said...

I'm smiling at your sunshine, I can almost feel the warmth. And I like the Bible-- the picture captures the familiar, solid feeling. (And the ribbon's color is a nice accent!)