Sunday, January 27, 2008

Building a life


I spent most of today building my life. Some things were for emotional building up, making my home more cheerful, more "me." This pillow caught my eye in the store, and I smile every time I pass by my extra bedroom now.

A collection of books/movies to address various parts of my life. One day I WILL go to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, so I'm planning. The Giver is one of those books I periodically re-read, and enjoy it every time! Walking on Eggshells and Memory Prescription--well, enough said. And, having finally read Weisel's Night, I'm going to read his memoirs. The two movies on top may be the only two I watch all year, but at least I can say I DID watch a movie!


Trying to address the total person here....good music, good exercise, Scripture to drive by, fun placemats to make me smile while I eat, and sheets for my extra bed that aren't too ugly/cheapie to let guests use.


For those chilly evenings while I read, watch the movies, listen to the music...


For those who know me, it will be a surprise that I not only spent money for the above things (except the library books), but I even bought some clothes. I don't like to shop, and usually put it off until I need everything. I found some clothes to smile about (and they fit and are comfortable! I cracked up while trying on the brown slacks with green sweater; as I looked in the mirror I realized the outfit exactly matched the green walls and brown trim of the dressing room.

4 comments:

Ampersand said...

Yay you, for building, it's so important. I love the bright pillow...it makes me smile, thinking of it making you smile.

Katrina said...

Fun stuff! I'm glad they make you smile. :)

Dalissa 365 said...

I'm excited for you. I know you've been down but all of these things seem like such a positive step in the right direction!

Colleen said...

You are just gettin' it all together, girlfriend. Way cool!