Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crowder Mountain State Park: Part 2

(Part 2 will make more sense if you scroll down and view Part 1 first.)
I, of course, chose the shorter, more interesting trail.
Notice the red marking. That is meant to assure me that yes, this is the trail.

And so is this.

And this too.

I kept seeing these rock groupings, covered with green growth. The photos don't do them justice. It was eerie, sort of like in Sleeping Beauty when the vegetation takes over. Any excuse to take a break!

By the time I got to the bottom of this trail (with still 1/2 mile to go back to my car), my knees were wobbly, to say the least (it was all downhill in addition to rocky). It was by far the most fun part of the hike, but I am paying for it now. Just broke out the ibuprofen!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Now that's a hike! I would've picked that one in a heartbeat, too. It looks worth a wobbly leg or two. :-)

Katrina said...

What great hiking!! I'm working on getting in shape for hiking. We don't have any mountains, but we do have some pretty good hills and rocks to climb.

Katrina said...

And I really like your photo of the rock groupings. I clicked on it to see it larger, and there's plenty of green showing. Nice composition.