Tuesday, July 1, 2008

If ever I'm going to have a fire....

...I'll be glad I live in this community. When talking with my insurance company about homeowner's insurance, I mentioned they always wanted to know how far the home was from a fire hydrant. The agent said "Oh, where you live has such an excellent fire department we don't even need that information." Today while walking, I saw the firefighters at work. From what I could tell, the family involved had an alarm of some sort go off. Before I knew it, there were FIVE fire engines--two in front of the house, one parked on side street across from the house, and two parked up the street at the next fire hydrant. I think for this particular incident it was overkill, but you never know, and I was glad to see the all out response, and the organization.


No comments: