Saturday, March 22, 2008

Oblivious

There they go, a happy couple out for a ride with friends. Little do they know the day almost ended in disaster for them, as they cut directly in front of my car without one little glance backward. Their friends on the other bike did glance back before joining them, but by then I had stood on my brakes and didn't look like a threat. They sat in front of me at the light, laughing and talking and having a grand time. I sat behind them and tried to start breathing again. It was a very close call.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

My bil, just about lost his life on a motorcycle a couple weeks ago. It was midnight or so and he swerved to miss a cat in the road and lost control. He just came home from the hospital two days ago. Motorcycles and the way people ride them, and the way some drivers ignore them really scares me.

I am glad you and they are ok.

MaryD said...

Yikes!

SUSAN said...

Isn't it amazing the tragedies that almost happen and we never know anything about? Wow.

Susan