Monday, March 31, 2008

Bringing Spring Indoors

I bought a huge bouquet of these flowers at Trader Joe's last week. They are the first thing I see when I walk in my door and have been so cheery!
When checking out at Trader Joe's, they gave me a small bouquet of unopened daffodils which had been kept out of water. They said the flowers would open after I put them in water, so when I got home I plunked them in a glass of water and went to work. When I got home, there was the most glorious group of huge daffodils, fully opened! It was absolutely amazing to me! Of course I'd been gone over 8 hours, but it seemed like magic.

3 comments:

Anna said...

What a wonderful sight to great you. :-D I love those little flecks of colour in their throats.

A.

Katrina said...

Magic Daffodils -- what could be better? Beautiful bouquet, too. My daffodils are poking up out of the ground now . . . oh, maybe three or four inches tall. The anticipation is killing me!

SUSAN said...

Gorgeous. I buy those flowers(can't think of the name of them now) at lot. I love all the colors but my last batch was yellow.

Susan