Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Shrove Tuesday

In the summer, this path can't really even be seen. I walk it, but I have no idea of its shape or where it is going. I just follow the glorious riot of color and shape and texture. Now, with only the skeletons left, I can see the path clearly. In fact, it is the first time I've even noticed the path itself at all. I now have a much better idea of the overall plan.



As I enter Lent, I am hoping this will be a time of focusing on my "path" without many of the (wonderful) "trappings" that are great, but which can obscure the big picture. I need to know the overall layout of my path, and need to see what kind of shape it is in. Where is it taking me? Am I even on it, or am I wandering aimlessly from "pretty flower to pretty flower?" Or maybe sometimes I feel that I'm wandering, when really I am on a very specific course. Lent will be a time of investigating the path, the underlying structure of my life.

Then will come spring, resurrection, and new life.

Seasons are good.

2 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

LOve your thoughts here, Laura. And the photo is lovely, too. I have a place that I visit year-round, and I like the bareness of winter as well as the riot of summer. Seeing the path is a good thing. :)

Ampersand said...

seasons are good...and I enjoyed your reflection on the path and the resurrection of spring.