Sunday, August 31, 2008

Crowder Mountain--Saturday

My son is here for the weekend, so Saturday we went out to hike at Crowder Mountain. We decided to take Rocktop Trail up to the peak, which I had never done before (I've only come down it). The photo below is actually the trail; it goes right up those rocks (see Jonathan on top?). Once on top, you have to step from rock to rock, and although I'd probably have been fine if I hadn't stopped to catch my breath, I had to sort of regroup up there to be able to make it on across.

Jonathan was very patient with me. It was extremely hot and humid, so I was not as perky as I'd have liked to have been. Uphill is always more difficult for me anyway.

1 comment:

Dirkus said...

Two great shots. Really like the use of your model (son). Looks like fun, too!